[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Vesper Peak Hike/Scramble - Sunday, September 28th

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 am 
The 11th Essential

Add another to the list!

1. I will need a ride
2. I am better insulated than the Michelin Man
3. I gots the gear
4. I was raised by the UW Climbing Club. I believe they trained me well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am 
Mountain Rhombus

I would like to attend.

I have a car that could take up to 3
I've got the clothes
I've got the gear
I can do it

Post subject: Planning on attending
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 am 
UW Climber

Hi, I'm starting my senior year, and thought I'd join up and have some fun this year.

1. I have a car that seats four comfortably
2. I have clothes.
3. I have my own gear.
4. I have done some hiking and scrambling around Washington, most recently Stuart Mountain.

I've never done Vesper so I'm looking forward to it! See you all Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:27 pm 
UW Climber

As Evan already mentioned, I'm planning on coming. I'm with Michelle- the big dog might be nice. Although I might not be the first one to the top, I'm sure I have enough experience (and shot blocks) to make it up and down.

Oh, and I also have clothes and trekking poles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm 
Raging Alpoholic

I might join you guys if I am not too exhausted from my Leavenworth trip on Sat. If I come, I'll just crash somewhere at the trailhead parking lot on Saturday night. So if you see a lump in a sleeping bag next to a green car that really doesn't want to move, give it a good nudge. I'll get up.

1. I won't need a ride.
2. Got clothes
3. Got gear
4. Got experience

Hopefully see you guys there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:30 pm 
The Shepherd

I think I'll tag along as well:

1. I would like to grab a ride, but can drive if necessary(although it looks like there is plenty of room in cars right now)

2. I lack many things, but fortunately gear is not one of them.

3. Negatory ghostrider.

4. I can do it!

Oh, and I have a NW forest pass if someone needs it for their car. I believe you need one for parking, yeah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 pm 
UW Climber

Is there still space for one more? I've just come over here from the UK starting an exchange year and would love to pick up my climbing.

1. iNo car (wouldn't fit in the bag)
2. have clothes
3. all good for the daypack, don't need poles
4. done a little bit of hiking, but not high altitudes or anything. Love scrambling around on rocks whereever I am!

Hopefully see you all on sunday :-)

Anna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

For Anna (and others who haven't posted), if the group gets too big, we'll probably split up and do two trips in the area instead of just the one to Vesper. So, don't worry about adding to the mob. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:28 pm 
UW Climber

Would I be able to come along aswell.

1. I dont have a car and will need a lift.
2. I've got the warm clothes.
3. I'll need a daysack from the IMA, but not the poles.
4. I've done hiking in the Scottish hills, but nothing huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:46 pm 
UW Climber

I would like to come too if there are still open spaces

1. need a ride
2. have warm clothes
3. have the gear
4. have the experience

I have a NW forest pass too if someone needs one in their car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 pm 
UW Climber

I'm in if there are not too many people already...

1. Car (+3)
2. I'll be warm.
3. Don't need anything from the IMA.
4. Plenty.

Last edited by Michael Schmitz on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 pm 
UW Climber

I would like to go. Been wanting to go to this area.

1. Needing a ride.
2. I've got the necessary clothing.
3. Don't need any gear.
4. Moderately experienced hiking/scrambling. I'm a freshman this year and this is my first outing with the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm 
UW Climber

I will gladly attend (space permitting).

1. Need a ride
2. Fine on Clothes
3. Fine on Gear
4. Fine on Ability (new member)

Post subject: Sweet!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:42 pm 
UW Climber

1. No car
2. Have clothing
3. Have gear
4. Some experience, I can handle it (new member as well)

Post subject: sure, why not!?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 pm 
UW Climber

i'm in
1) got a car with plenty of room for 3 more and gear...looks like there are alot of folks driving, so I'll plan to carpool but let me know if you need me to drive

2) set for warm and waterproof goods
3) got all the gear I will need
4) done some scrambling, and talus and scree, and gone up a mountain or two

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next