[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Rock-Climbing Trip Saturday

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:03 am 
UW Climber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:08 am 
UW Climber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:36 am 
Cap'n Wingspan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:06 am 
The Shepherd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 am 
UW Climber

Count me in! I did some leading for the first time last summer in Squamish, I haven't led since but would be comfortable up to 5.9. (I've been top roping 10's but would most likely take some falls leading them but would be up for trying a few).

I have my own harness/shoes/belay device, 2 whopping quick draws, but no rope. I would also be needing a ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:30 pm 
UW Climber

Brittany and I are coming in her car, but our plans are up in the air for Sunday and will not involve going to Seattle, so we're probably out of the carpooling loop :oops: (the other seats may be taken already too). I have a rope, draws, rack, and can lead 5.9/maybe 10a sport and 5.8 trad. She's at a similar level. I suggest we meet at the Burke before 9am...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:16 pm 
UW Climber

I'm in. I've got a car that gets decent gas mileage when it doesn't break down, and a rope and some draws (no trad gear). I probably won't lead anything over 5.7, but am fine with lead belaying and top-roping harder stuff. I can leave earlier than 9 if anyone wants to ride earlier, but 9 is also fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:38 am 
The Shepherd

I will definitely be going on Saturday, and I will be riding with Evan. We are planning on leaving earlier than 9AM on Saturday, but I'm not sure when.

Post subject: camp?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 am 
UW Climber

Anybody interested in camping Sat night? Looks like it might be clear. I have a fancy new 10" reflector scope i'd like to play with. We could do a quick climb (or hike or run) in the early morn Sunday before coming back.

I do have a car but would love to hitch a ride. I have a few qd's. Can climb 5.10's and could play on 5.11s. Enjoy climbing a few 5.8s and 9's tho :) Limited trad experience.

Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:54 pm 
Cap'n Wingspan

Kris and I are planning on leaving in my car earlier on saturday (probably sometime between 6 and 7). Since it's a day trip, I can take 2 more people and there ought to be plenty of room for the gear in the trunk. If we get 4 people total that will obviously help defray the cost of gas for each person.

Let me know if you
1) need a ride, and
2) are interested in leaving earlier saturday morning and returning saturday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:03 pm 
UW Climber

Well since Aaron is doing his own thing I'm pretty much the only person who doesn't want to leave early, so I'll just suck it up and go with the flow. When do you guys want to leave?

We have 6 people going, and both Evan and Maggie can drive. We could all meet somewhere, and go over with three in each car? And if someone else wants to join last minute, there'll be room for a couple more.

Sounds like we have plenty of ropes and gear as well.

So the questions are: when should we leave, and where could we meet? The Burke?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:18 pm 
Raging Alpoholic

I am planning to go to Vantage this weekend too. I'd like to leave early on Saturday and return Saturday night. Evan, do you still have room in your car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:22 pm 
UW Climber

I have no issues with leaving early and still need a ride with somebody. I live in the dorms so meeting at the Burke would work great but I could also walk somewhere else in the U-district no problem.

Are sturdy sandals sufficient enough for getting to the climbs at vantage or are shoes recommended?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:49 pm 
UW Climber

The Burke sounds fine to me. I'm not picky about departure time, but I'd like to get back to Seattle by 10 at the latest, so my car will be leaving before dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:20 am 
The Shepherd

When I was there last weekend, I saw plenty of people walking around in sandals. I wouldn't recommend flip flops, but something more substantial should work. I'm probably going to wear a pair of Keen Sandals.