2012 UW Physics Networking Days
- The 2012 Networking Day will take place October 25th-26th, 2012
- Don't hesitate to contact CDO if you have any questions about the event:
The Networking Day Vision
The purpose of networking day is to foster and develop relationships between the UW Physics and Astronomy students and the broader science and technology community. CDO Networking Days begins on the evening of Thursday, October 25th, with presentations by employers and national labs. Here students can learn about the opportunities and types of research done at various companies and non-academic labs. On the following day (Friday, October 26th), students are then given the chance to present their research and acquired skills in a poster presentation or in a 15-minute presentation. Please contact CDO if you would like to feature your organization by participating in this activity!
The Networking Day format has a number of distinct advantages over the typical career fair:
- Students are provided a forum for their work.
- Students can consider a wide range of employment options.
- Students are able to network with professionals from both industry and national laboratories.
- Employers have the opportunity to meet informally with many students.
- Employers are introduced to the diverse array of skills and expertise that UW Physics and Astronomy graduates possess.
- Employers can develop and foster research partnerships with the UW Department of Physics.