• Regularly attend officer meetings
• Accept printing money from students
• Report printing problems to Rex
Notes about positions:
• Fundraising Chair, Public Relations, and Webmaster are all open to Juniors and Sophomores to apply
• Junior Representative positions are solely opened to Sophomores to apply
• Organize annual memorabilia sales (e.g. T-Shirt, sweatshirts, Pint Glasses)
• Work towards obtaining donations (e.g. beer kegs for the BBQ)
• Work with treasurer to manage food closet
• Work with Public Relations Officer for connections
Public Relations Officer
• E-mail companies to go tour and to come give info sessions
• Use officers with personal connections to establish contact, but serve as primary contact after initial contact.
• Act as the external spokesperson for UW-AIChE
• Communicate with alumni public relations (Pudget Sound Chapter) to organize events and speakers
• Work closely with Fundraising Chair to obtain donations and sponsorship
• Communicate with the local chapter to organize events
• Act as the primary manager and designer of the UW-AIChE webpage
• Add more features to website as desired (i.e. weekly meeting minutes, upcoming events)
• Promote the Website
• Make catalyst surveys as required
• Act as the secondary manager of the UW-AIChE email account
• Monitor career department info sessions and send out announcements to the department
Junior Reps (Two)
The Junior Representatives positions are broken down into two positions. One Junior rep will shadow the President (professional events) and another Junior rep will shadow the Vice President (social events) to fully understand executive duties. A complete description of their duties can be found below:
•Professional Junior Representative:
o This junior rep will work directly under the president in coordinating professional event for juniors and seniors. Professional events include info sessions, career fair, and company tours.
•Social Junior Representative:
o This junior rep will work directly under the vice president in coordinating social events for juniors and seniors. Social events include social outings (happy hours, sporting events), BBQs, and community outreach (Discovery Days, volunteer opportunities).
•Both Junior Representatives:
o Both Junior reps will be responsible for coordinating the junior class schedule (exams, lab reports) with the events scheduled for AIChE and sharing scheduled events with the junior class. This avoids schedule conflicts and ensures that the junior class is able to fully participate in social and professional events.