There will be no general meetings during Spring Quarter. Stay tuned for details about exciting events such as the AED Premed Expo, Bioethics Competition, Health Graduate Fair, and more!
The Premed Expo will be Sunday, April 6 from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM. It will feature a keynote speech from Dr. Carol Teitz, the Dean of Admissions for the UW School of Medicine and a variety of workshops. For details and to RSVP, visit the Facebook Page here.
Philantropy and Social Events will continue in Spring Quarter.
This year, AED is starting the annual AED Teaching Awards for TAs and Professors. Nominate a TA or professor for this award here. It is important that we have many members participate to make the award representative of the club and thus more meaningful. Awards will be presented at the winners' repective department graduation ceremony.
If you are interested in becoming an AED Officer for 2014-2015 fill out the AED Officer Application here. Applications for president have closed. Applications for officer positions are due 11:59 PM, Friday, April 4.
If you want to check your attendance for AED events, you can find the spreadsheet here: http://tinyurl.com/AEDattendance. For Winter Quarter, click the "Winter Quarter" tab at the bottom left.
Be sure to go to our events page to check out a list of available events and volunteer opportunities!
Alpha Epsilon Delta is the National Health Preprofessional Honor Society dedicated to the encouragement and recognition of excellence in preprofessional health scholarship, including medicine, dentistry, veterinary, and others. The Society welcomes ALL students engaged in the pursuit of a professional healthcare career. AED offers opportunities for intellectual and professional development, provides a forum for students with common interests, and extends a program of service to benefit the college/university community.
Alpha Epsilon Delta is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Learn more about Alpha Epsilon Delta here.
Get Involved with AED
Also of Interest
- Looking for advice? AED offers a medical school mentor program
- AED members receive $100 off Princeton Review MCAT courses
- The MCAT is changing in 2015. Make sure you know what changes are occuring so you are best prepared.
- A prehealth advisor can be extremely valuable. UW has excellent prehealth advising.
- Health related volunteering is something on every premed's radar. Check out some of AED's suggested volunteering locations.
- Looking to meet with an officer? AED officers will be available throughout the week. See what time works for you.